Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 26

Wednesday 24 October 2012

So here I am in Toronto having a lovely time with my little family and the fabulous Lisa over at Motherhood or Madness has very kindly offered to guest post on my Pearls of Wisdom today and is talking about something that has become very close to my heart....

“This day I will marry my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love”  - Anon


I met him as a waitress at a cocktail bar..... Well not exactly.

I met him at a pub in Edinburgh, I started a wee part time job, he already worked there.

He made me laugh, he had a look in his eye that made me want to find out more.

I did ;-)

We starting hanging out and within a couple of months I had moved in, that was 16 years ago.

We absolutely loved being with each other right from the beginning.

I knew I had met the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, my soulmate.

We had been together 9 years when we decided to get married and start a family. My wedding day was so wonderful for many reasons but what made it so special for me was not only was I marrying a wonderful man I also marrying my best friend.

I mean, this guy knows everything about me and still wanted to get married, haha, he's either nuts or loves me! Maybe a bit of both.

The thing about marrying your best friend is your love is strong on so many levels, it gives you time, patience and an understanding of each others good and bad points, a deep deep set love for one another, which is the most wonderful building blocks to start a marriage on.  I know I'll be with him my whole life, I've known it from the beginning!



No comments:

Post a Comment