Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 21

Monday 6 August 2012

"Don't ever forget that you're a citizen of this world, and there are things you can do to lift the human spirit, things that are easy, things that are free, things that you do everyday. Civility, respect, kindness, character." - Aaron Sorkin

Treats for the patient!
Well last week it was my turn to be in hospital, it wasn't anything to worry about though, I wasn't ill, I was just having a pre-scheduled op that is hopefully going to make a big difference to our life and future! I am still so touched by all the kind support and well wishes I received from family, friends and people I know,  as well as others who I have come to be friendly with from blogging and using twitter. All these people's kindness and thoughtfulness is overwhelming and so powerful too. Just knowing that others were routing for a good outcome for me gives me strength to keep fighting and moving forward.

With this in mind I started to think about what would happen if everyone took the time to pass on some love and cheer to others in their time of need, not just family or friends but someone they don't really know or usually talk to, someone who may be having a bad day or going through a difficult time? We don't really know them so we don't really get involved, but what if we just said a simple "Hello, how are things?" Or "Hey, feel better soon!" Any words or kindness or encouragement can have the influence to lift someone's day or turn their mood around, we have power at are fingertips, quite literally in the online community.

I have been reading so many accounts lately about nasty comments being made, unhelpful remarks and just plain spiteful interaction towards others and what astounds me even more is a lot of this hate is directed towards people they don't even know! It seems that people feel they have the right to bully others and then don't give a second thought to the consequences of their actions. It happens at work, at home and in public and now people are also using social media as a platform to behave like insensitive and mean spirited individuals. I'm left wondering about how society has gotten to this place?

Life can be so much easier, inspiring and uplifting if we portray compassion and kindness, these are great qualities in anyone and we carry you way ahead of the others, so who's life are you going to add sparkle to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment