Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 15

Sunday 20 May 2012


"Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion." - Oprah

This week I have learned to be myself again and it feels soooo good! See for a while now I haven't been me, I haven't been person I knew and had grown to love. I had been a shadow of my former self and it wasn't pretty, even my OH said I I had become someone he did recognise anymore, it was and has been a sad time...

But we have stuck together and with his amazing support and little bit more coming from some other lovely people around me I have been soldiering on. I have talked about my dark times a few times now so am not going to bore very one with the details of how I felt but instead share how I got happy instead!

If I could symbolise how I felt this week I would sum it up as a pheonix, rising up from the misery of my ashes. It was so simple really all had to do was put all my thought and focus in to one thing, I would manage one thing only and when I could deal with that I would move on to something else.

To cut a long story short I have spent the past couple of weeks just thinking a bout food, this may sound funny but it was something I could control so I started weight watchers, planned menus, shopped for food and exercised, apart from taking care of the baby this has been my main thing, and it has worked! A few pounds lost has been enough to motivate me, inspire me and raise me up, by the end of last week I felt almost like me again and have started resume my normal activities, smile have fun and feel like I'm somebody again, somebody I want to be!

Learning to take things one step at a time and put down all my balls and pick up only one has helped me to discover me again, I learnt its not about having a busy, wonderful, eventful life that makes me successful, it believing I have the power to be great at being just me, that is where I will make a difference and that's what will make me truly successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment