Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 76

Monday 1 December 2014



Courage doesn't always roar, 
sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering 'I will try again tomorrow
― Mary Anne Radmacher

Wow - this couldn't be more powerful for me right now! It feels like I'm trying to juggle a lot at the moment, new baby, preschooler and her ever grow schedule of parties and activities, a new house, my poor neglected blog, Christmas prep all while still trying to make sure my relationship gets a look in, just reading that sentence makes me want to crawl back to bed...


Each day I find myself getting to the end and feeling deflated - that I didn't solve world hunger, cure cancer or invent the latest life changing gadget - I have big dreams, I know where I want to be in life but on the days when I don't always have time to just put the laundry on or stack the dishwasher I have to admit I feel like a failure and this thought washes over me - "If I can't get the small things nailed, how am I ever gonna achieve my dreams and passions?!" 

However, this way of thinking is just venomous, and this last week I've been focusing on the small victories, expressing my gratitude for them and reminding myself that big dreams don't happen over night, my passions won't be fulfilled in a day. My personal success need time and tenacity, I did my best today and will keep trying...

It's so easy to fall at the first hurdle but pushing forward, being brave and keep on believing, this will carry you through because there is always tomorrow! 


1 comment:

  1. It really is a beautiful quote. Always so much set out to achieve, not enough hours, like you say, there's always tomorrow, the dishwasher will wait! Xx

    ReplyDelete