Mondays Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 63

Monday 6 January 2014


What does it mean to have a relationship with yourself, do you know?
I thought I did, I thought I knew all about what this meant, having self esteem, learning to love who you are, eating well, believing in yourself, nourishing your mind and body and having some "me" time (whatever that is!), these were all things that sprung to my mind when thinking about a relationship with myself, but something still felt like it was missing.

I certainly knew the theory, read any self help book, blog or article and it will always touch on one or some of these, or even just something similar, we are always told we can't love another authentically until we love ourselves and this I do agree with however it just doesn't seem like I've truly been engaging in a relationship with myself or rather the flame of passion for all thing me it out!

So what was going on here then?
Why am feeling like I'm still not honoring a relationship with myself?

Well, I don't have all the answers right now, I won't pretend to give you a five step point by point guide to falling love with you because I need to get some more practice myself and this is where I think it may hold the key for me. I think that after all these years I should be in a blissed out state of higher love with myself, god knows I have worked so hard on me but I have come to realise that all the things I have learnt were just the tip of the iceberg and that actually, putting self love in to practice, really honing in on the things you've come to know about yourself and evolving what that looks and feels like is what it's all about. Life changes, your world changes and what is important to you changes, new challenges, wants and desires come up all the time which means you are constantly having to adapt to who you are, this is good but also it constantly changes your dynamic with yourself which means, I think, that you have to continue to practice at having a relationship with yourself, that blissed out state of love does not happen over night, it takes time and will mean different things at different times.

Ahhh, so that's what it means, yes?
Hmmm, maybe, maybe not, one thing I know for sure is it's a very personal thing, I will put my hands up and say yes, I believe having a true meaningful relationship on your terms does take practice and will forever need your attention, I also think it means listening to your inner voice and that is definitely something different to all of us.

Have you listened to your inner voice yet?
I for one haven't for a very long time and it's something I have been thinking a lot about over the last few days I feel like I want to dedicate a lot of time this month really tuning in to mine, I have seen glimpses over the last 6 months but now it time to really get to know her well...

So what does having a relationship mean to you? Any wiser?
What does your inner voice say, know her well enough yet?
I'd love for you to share your thoughts below...

No comments:

Post a Comment