Feel Good Friday - A time for Celebration...

Friday 13 September 2013


“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers--strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.”

Today is the third birthday of my daughter and we are celebrating in such a special way (more to come on Monday's post), I am so proud of this child I, along with her father, have created. I look at her in awe and wonder, how did I create her? As I struggle now with trying to conceive again, creating another person to complete our family, I think about what kind of mother I already am, what kind of a mother have I become and I realise that my darling LC has created the mother I am today. I had my ideas, thoughts and notions of how I would handle parenthood but really she has shaped me in to the kind of mother I want to be, taught me so much about who I am as a woman, what I can handle, where my values are and what I believe in, she has taught me strength in adversity, compassion, self belief and how to have belly laughing induced fun again, what a clever little girl she is, my shinning light, an image of her handsome father but with a delicate girly touch.

I am so proud of this girl, she drives me nuts but I wouldn't change her ever and I thank her for letting me be the best mother I can be...



No comments:

Post a Comment