More thoughs on eating well...

Wednesday 5 June 2013

So this week I have been on a bit of a quest to really eat well and fill my body with healthy stuff and so far so good! I have completely cut out caffeine and allowing myself one small cup of decaffeinated coffee a day - yay me! When I was in my sick bed on Sunday I looked up some of the super foods out there to see what I should be getting more of in to my diet and saw that garlic and onion have some really great health benefits!

Garlic
Did you know garlic can help with skin problems, help boost weight loss, has anti-fungal properties as well as warding off cough and colds? Find out more about garlic and your health here.


 Onion
These bad boys are packed full of antioxidants, can reduce inflammation and even help reduce the symptoms of hay-fever and PMS! Check out this great website about onions for more information.

 
With all these amazing health benefits in mind I made the family a simply yet tasty Garlic Chicken dish for this and it was very yummy, I got to use some fresh herbs out of the garden too which gave the dish a real rustic flavor, there recipe is here.

I would love to know if anyone else has some tried and tested or unusual garlic recipes we could try, if so post me a link below!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:25 pm

    Just made the most amazing tomato salsa from Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food book. 6 toms, 2 spring onions, 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, juice of 1 or 2 limes, bunch of chopped coriander, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Raw garlic really compliments the toms. Heaven on a plate with potato salad and tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum this sounds good! Might check his cook book out too, thanks! X

    ReplyDelete