Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 24

Monday 8 October 2012

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

We are stronger together!
A couple of weeks ago we had a rough week, something we thought would happen didn't, it was pretty major in the grand scheme of our little family and what we are hoping for our future and it just fell flat on it's face, well for now it is anyway. To say we were disappointed and felt let down was an understatement and I myself shed a few tears but after talking to a few family members and close friends I started to feel brighter and more positive about it all. A couple of days later OH and I had a good chat about the situation and as usual his spirit and determination held me up and kept me going and is continuing to keep me going, and that is why I keep him around because when I'm feeling weak he goes deep and find the strength for both of us!

I have continue to dwell a little on the something that never happened quite a bit and I am still so angry with how we have been treated and how someone else actions can have such an impact on someones life with no care or thought to what that may be, I don't feel like I'm being treated as a person but more a statistic or number and a little part of me really wants to just give up on this, but, I know that the best things in life come from hard work and persistence and not giving up so I'm giving you two lots of wisdom for the price of one today in hope that we can all find the strength to keep going for our dreams!

Did you ever have a something you hoped would happen and it didn't? Did you give up or keep chasing that dream? What gave you the strength to defy what life threw at you and keep going?

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. when things dont work out how I want them too, I get moody but having kids and not working anymore I am learning that you cant have everything you want in life, sometime that is a decision you have to make or like yours in out of your hands either way, its shit.

    I try to look for alternatives if I know the thing is definatley a no no or of there is still a bit of hope, I change the goal posts.

    I always have a 10 year and a 5 year plan, its not written down its in my head but more often that not get there and it is of course flexible.

    ReplyDelete