Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 19

Wednesday 11 July 2012

"There is always going to be bad stuff out there. But here is the amazing thing, light triumphs darkness, every time. You can stick a candle into the dark, but you can't stick the dark into the light. - Jodi Picoult

Here I am literally holding a torch!


This quote is filling me with warmth this week, when life gets a bit unsettling,and normally it will every once in a while, we need to have hope that we will come out of that dark period and deal with the repercussions from it too!

For me the first part is getting easier, I understand and know now what brings me down and I've learnt how to make it better. Putting certain things in place helps these times to move quickly in to the distance so I can move forward. But sometimes dealing with any consequence that arrive can be more difficult, especially emotionally. Knowing that a light will eventually shine is so comforting, it helps to deal with any changes that are happening after all a lot of people don't cope well with change. Learning to embrace change is my light and has helped me to see my way out of some situations that I have found tricky and unsettling. I have learnt that life is transitional, and we can't stop that, change is natural and biological and we cant escape it. So instead I see change as refreshing and exciting, if I can't grasp this at first I try to imagine all the possibilities and opportunities that change may bring me rather than dwelling on the negative. It's scary but it works and ends up leading me somewhere that I want to be.

For me change is my light in the darkness, what's yours?


2 comments: