Mothers Day Meme - I'm up!

Tuesday 20 March 2012

So apologies first if anyone reading this has tagged me in a meme previously as I haven't done it, doesn't mean I don't care, just means I'm crap at doing them!

So now to the meme at hand! I have been tagged by my incredibly kind and helpful blogger friend over at Cold Tea and Smelly Nappies, the meme was originally started at More Than A Mum so her are my answers to her Mothers Day Meme!

Describe motherhood in 3 words
Rewarding, emotional, forever!

Does your experience differ from your mums and how?
Oh definitely, my mum started being a mum in her early twenties and I am in my early thirties, there was a lot less help and support for mums back then and just access to information around parenthood in general, it seems you were told how to parent rather than given choice and opportunities for you to decide on yourself. The other difference that strikes me is how women of my mums generation were expected to stay home, now we are encouraged to where so many hats, some times to our detriment, it seems like there is more pressure on mums to be everything and be the slimmest, most successful, having it all mum, too many balls to juggle. Their is a lot to be said for supporting your fellow mummies - right down off soap box!

What's the hardest thing about being a mum?
For me, it's the toil it takes on my emotions, not just dealing with PND when it rears its ugly head but the thought of worrying about my precious girl the rest of my life, will she be safe?, what if something happens to her? How will I cope? This used to really overwhelm me in the early days, oh and sleepless nights!

How has it changed you?
In many ways but generally it has made me a better version of myself, I'm stronger, more determined, more thoughtful and aware of my actions, what I do, want I want more daughter to learn from me about life!

What do you hope for your children?
True love, happiness in what they do and the courage to be who they really are!

What do you fear for them?
That they will never get to follow their dreams and that they are inheriting a scary and unstable world, I worry about their future a lot in this way :(

What makes it all worthwhile?
My daughter beauty and getting to share as much of her amazing life with her that I can, seeing her smile, watch her grow in to an amazing little person and knowing that her dad and I have created this little family together out of love!

So her are 5 ladies who I think are pretty cool and would like to tag on to this meme!

Beauty and the Bling

Keeping Up with the Joneses


40 Something Undomesticated Devil

Babyrambles


Metropolitan Mum

I look forward to reading yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment