Monday's "Moment of Wisdom" - Pearl Number 9

Monday 12 March 2012

Here I am better late than never!!!.................

"There is no way to be a perfect mother and millions of ways to be a good one" - Jill Churchhill

Well I thought this was so perfect and very fitting for the week ahead. It's Mother's Day on Sunday and the reason I am so behind on my pearl posting today is because of my dear old mum. I have spent all morning cleaning ready for her arrival then met her for lunch and a girly afternoon of shopping. She is visiting all week and we have lots of fun stuff planned with our little cutie!

I have the privilege to support so many mothers on a daily basis through my job and a common topic of conversation is always around our abilities at being a successful mummy and taking care of our brood, no matter how big or small, in age or in number!

Us mums always seem to doubt our decisions and forget to follow our instincts or have confidence in those abilities and know what our kids need. I like how this pearl reminds us that we can all be unique in our styles and really (unless it's at detriment to the child) there is no right or wrong way to be a mother and encourages to embrace ourselves for who we are!

I constantly stress out about what I do, am I doing it right, what if I mess her life up forever, but them I stop, take a moment, look at her happy smile, forget about what the lady down the road thinks and with a little help and support from my mum, remember that I am the expert on my child!

So here is my little cutie down on the farm visiting the cows and the sheep, who were looking after their babies, the lambs really were so sweet and my "LC" just wanted to kiss them all. The weather was glorious and we took Daddy, MIL and Auntie L too, we all put on our wellies and trampled round barns in the mud. "LC" was beside her self with excitement and kept squealing and shouting "Cows!! Mooo!!" and "Sheep!!, Baaaa" As it was the farm of one of MIL's friends we were able to get up close and personal with the animals and it was an experience I hope my little cutie will never forget! Here are some pictures! So all that's left to say is "Happy Mothers Day" to all those mummies  out there, you are doing a great job!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment