Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 73

Monday 23 June 2014


 “The ability to stay calm and focused in the midst of change is what distinguishes great leaders from those just collecting a paycheck.” - Todd Stocker

The biggest thing consuming our lives right now is not the growing, wriggling, kicking baby girl in my tummy but the prospect of moving two hours up country in to our new home, in the middle of August, 4 weeks before said baby girl is due! You can imagine the lack of calm and focus going on in our lives right now!

For me, posting this quote today is a simple reminder to use all my strength and resolve to remain calm  and keep focusing on the end goal, the bigger picture. Sometimes it seems that we loose sight of the fact that a new person is coming in to our world soon (and I am the one pushing her out!) and also that we still need to live our life today, if we spend the next few months obsessing and planing and stressing over this move we will forget to enjoy our last few moments in this house as a family.

Staying calm, remaining focus, centred and at ease is a fabulous lesson to teach LC, she gets quite shaken amongst change anyway and I think it would be great for her to learn this life lesson so being a good role model to her and others around me will pay off in the long run. I know I need to keep up with eating clean, sleeping well and using meditation and mindfulness to help me with this, and a little support from those around us, should see us get through this time of massive change and transition!

I'm not sure how things will look around here either, maternity leave starts in a few weeks - yay! My intention is to plan, write, pack and write some more, all ready for the big move and then of course welcoming our new little girl. I'm hoping to get the blog into some kind of order and recruit some guest posters again, this time to write Pearls of Wisdom for the month of September (if you'd like to be one please do get in touch via email or twitter, you can find those on my about me page). So, hopefully the blog will keep ticking along nicely but please do bare with me if it seems a bit quiet some weeks over the next few months as I embark on two of the most stressful journeys of my life - hey we should of waited till now to get married too right?! 

So, how do you react to change? 
Bury your head in the sand, panic?
Or do you stay cool as cucumber?
I love hearing more about your ideas and experiences so don't forget to share in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment